Some 14 sites have been confirmed as venues for the vaccination of 12- to 18-year-olds in this country, with the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
The vaccination of these youngsters will begin on Wednesday.
A release issued by the Ministry of Education (MoE) notes that the vaccines are available to citizens and non-citizens (residents) in this country, that fall within the specific age group of 12-18 years, regardless of their school registration.
However, no directives have so far been issued for Tobago.
The Ministry of Health has been collaborating with the Ministry of Education on the arrangements for the administration of the Pfizer vaccine, which are as follows…
1. All citizens/residents between ages 12-18 years inclusive are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine, regardless of whether they are registered at schools.
2. All eligible persons can walk in at any of the vaccination sites listed below to receive the Pfizer vaccine- no appointment is necessary.
3. Minors must be accompanied by ONE parent/guardian only
4. Parents/Guardians must walk with a form of Identification, the birth certificate of the child/ward, and proof of relationship to child (guardians only)
The Ministry notes that the walk-in vaccination service will begin on Wednesday 18th August 2021, including weekends, from 8:00am to 3:00pm at the following 14 sites:
1. Heliport, Chaguaramas
2. COSTAATT City Campus, St. POS
3. National Academy for the Performing Arts (NAPA)
4. COSTAATT Campus, El Dorado
5. Wallerfield International Raceway, Wallerfield Arima
6. Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima
7. Duranta Gardens Community Centre, Sangre Grande
8. L’anse Noire Community Centre, Toco
9. Divali Nagar, Uriah Butler Hwy, Endeavour (Starting Sunday 22nd August 2021, from 11:00am to 6:00pm)
10. Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva
11. Pleasantville Technology Centre (MIC), San Fernando
12. Hansraj Sumairsingh Multipurpose Complex, Rio Claro
13. Mayaro Civic Centre
14. National Energy Skills Centre (NESC), La Brea