The Ministry of Health has announced 8 new COVID cases, bringing the total number of active cases to 161. One of the new cases is Tobagonian.
However, the Ministry stresses that “the eight (8) positive cases reported show results from samples taken during the period August 4th 2020 to the present. Therefore, this figure is NOT representative of the positive cases over the last 24 hours only”.
The announcement was made in its 10 am update, today.
The release stated the following:
– Eight (8) additional persons have have tested positive for COVID-19.
– Five (5) cases are pending epidemiological investigation.
– Three (3) are contacts of a recently positive COVID-19 patient.
– All established protocols have been implemented.
– Fifteen (15) patients are en route / being admitted to hospital.
These latest cases bring the total number of persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 to 308, since testing began earlier this year.