The latest update from the Ministry of Health is reporting one more death from COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, bringing the national total to 97.
The Ministry also reports in its update for today, Monday 19 October 2020, just one more person has tested positive for COVID-19. This brings the number of active cases to 1,505 patients.
There has been a drop in the number of active cases (from 1,549 yesterday) as 44 persons appear to have fully recovered: 41 from home self-isolation; and three from step/down facilities.
The Health Ministry also notes:
● 81 persons are still hospitalised for COVID-19, no change from yesterday.
● 1,372 persons are in home self-isolation, down from 1413, yesterday.
● 299 persons are in State quarantine facilities, no change from yesterday.
● 52 patients are in step/down facilities, down by three persons from 55, yesterday.
Members of the public are reminded that they must adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations and take the following personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
● Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
● Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
● Stay home if you are ill
● Clean then sanitise surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
● Wash your hands often with soap and waters or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
● Cough into a tissue or into the cook of your elbow
● Avoid touching your face
If you or a loved one develops symptoms of COVID-19, please call the hotline 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) for further guidance.
If the person is severely ill, call the 811 (emergency hotline) or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately.
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago will continue to update the public via its official communication channels such as:
● The Ministry of Health’s website (health.gov.tt);
● The Ministry of Communications websites (moc.gov.tt and news.gov.tt); and
● The relevant social media pages of these entities (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).