PC Ryan Ramsaran, died after being shot while on patrol.

There were three shootings on Thursday night, one of the victims —a man who lost three family members to violence earlier this year.

The other two shootings resulted in the death of a police officer and that of a St James man.

In the first incident, just over two months since his two siblings were killed along with his uncle, Devon Chuniesingh was shot and wounded outside his house at Getwell Lane, Pinto Road, Arima.

He was taken to the Arima District Hospital where he underwent emergency and is said to be in a critical condition.

Police are yet to establish a motive but are not ruling out that the attempt on his life is connected to the murder of his siblings—Polly, 31 and Damien Chuniesingh, 39, and uncle Deoraj, 55, on January 6.

A 31-year-old man, Nathaniel Ellis, 31, of Pinto Road, Arima, was subsequently charged for the murders.

In the second incident, at about 10.10 pm a man, named only as “Chase,” was at Bournes Road, St James, near an area known as Woodbine, when two masked gunmen approached him and shot him several times. Police said he was shot in the head.

The gunmen then escaped.

Chase was taken to the St James Medical Complex, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

In the third incident, police officers are investigating the death of a police constable, who was on duty in Laventille.

According to a police report, at about 9 pm the officer, identified as PC Ryan Ameer Ramsaran of the Inter-Agency Task Force, was on patrol with another officer and two soldiers when they went to an abandoned house at Desperlie Crescent, Laventille.

While there, Ramsaran, according to his colleagues, took a phone call from a female relative.

They overheard him arguing and then heard two gunshots.

They later found Ramsaran on the ground bleeding from the head. His service pistol was said to be in his hand.

Ramsaran was taken to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Meanwhile, the T&T Police Service expressed condolences at the death of PC Ramsaran.

In a statement the TTPS said PC Ramsaran, 26, was on static patrol at an abandoned house with another police officer and two members of the Trinidad and Tobago Regiment when he reportedly shot himself in the head with his service pistol.

The TTPS said PC Ramsaran had close to five years service and has been described as a model police officer, who was extremely intelligent and very dedicated to his job.

The matter is the subject of a police investigation.