The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service is advising automotive sales dealers to be wary of individuals purchasing new motor vehicles with fraudulent Managers’ and Personal Cheques from any financial institution.
In a statement yesterday the TTPS said based on recent reports made to the Fraud Squad, five new vehicles have been obtained from automotive dealers in this manner by a person of interest to investigators. The Fraud Squad advises that persons engaging in these transactions should seek clearance from their respective banks before parting with their goods.
The person of interest reportedly bought five vehicles which investigators are now seeking assistance in locating:
1. White Honda CRV – Registration#: PEA 1969
2. Grey Black Orange Nissan Frontier – Registration#: TEA 6581
3. Black Orange Nissan Frontier – Registration#: TEA 1132
4. Pearl White Toyota Hilux Revo – Registration#: TEA 7832
5. Silver Mitsubishi Triton – Registration#: TEA 7909
Anyone with information on the location of these vehicles, is asked to contact the Fraud Squad, at 625-2310, 623-2644, 652-3128, 657-4116 or 653-7834.