3184293

A man from Bon Accord sustained third and fourth-degree burns when he came into contact with a T&TEC live wire while picking breadfruit.

According to police just after 3 pm on Monday the 57-year-old man of Village Street, Bon Accord was at another residence at Gaskin Bay Road also in Bon Accord when he climbed a breadfruit tree in the yard and used an iron rod to pick breadfruit.

It was while doing so that the rod came into contact with a T&TEC electrical wire causing him to be electrocuted, which caused the man to fall from the tree and hit his head on a nearby galvanize structure before falling to the ground.

The man was taken to the Scarborough General Hospital where he was expected to undergo surgery and treatment for the burns he sustained.