None of the 28 remaining people quarantined at Camp Balandra after returning to the country from a Caribbean cruise last week are showing any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
One of the 28 quarantined nationals, who asked to remain anonymous on Tuesday, said they are being tested twice a day and monitored throughout the day by nurses stationed at the venue with them.
On March 21, 40 members of the group tested positive for COVID-19 and were transferred to the Couva Hospital for treatment.
However, as a result of this positive test by 40 people, the quarantine period for the remaining 28 was restarted, which means they will spend an additional 14 days at the camp.
Guardian Media was told that the average age of the entire group is 70-years-old. They were all on a cruise aboard the Costa Favolosa when the vessel was denied entry to Martinique after passengers onboard tested positive for the virus.
As COVID-19 shuts down business, schools and countries as it sweeps the globe, older people have been seen as the most vulnerable group to the effects of the virus. However, young people have also been shown to be just as susceptible to the virus in recent weeks at COVID spread globally
The group of nationals drew scathing criticism from the public and authorities for going on a cruise in early March, when restrictions for non-essential travel were first implemented.
They returned home on a chartered flight on March 17 and were immediately screened and taken via an army convoy to Balandra.