Kenrick Ricky Nathaniel is expected to return to court on Friday 18th September, 2020. (Image: TTPS)

A 40-year-old Carapichiama man was placed on $30,000 bail with surety, after pleading not guilty to a charge of the Breach of a Protection Order against a woman, and will reappear in court in September.

According to release from the TTPS, KENRICK RICKY NATHANIEL—of Butler Village, Waterloo Road, Carapichaima—appeared before a Port of Spain Magistrate on Friday 21st August, 2020, to answer to the charges.

He was granted bail with surety, along with the following restrictions:

1. He is to make arrangements with the victim through his attorney to remove all his items and personal necessities at the premises at Lot 290 Butler Village, Waterloo Road, Carapichaima. The defendant is to notify the police when he has made arrangements to remove his items. A police presence will supervise the activity.

2. He is not to just show up at the property.

3. He must report to the Brasso Police Station every Tuesday and Saturday between the hours 6 am to 6 pm, and have same recorded for production at every court appearance.

4. The defendant shall remain 200 meters from the victim’s place of employment or any other location which the virtual complainant is from to time to time. Further, the defendant is to remain 200 meters from the victim’s premises mentioned above.

The matter was adjourned to Friday 18th September 2020.

On Wednesday 19th August 2020, Nathaniel was served with the protection order by officers of the Freeport Police Station, which prohibited him from:

1. Using abusive, threatening, violent, obscene language to the Applicant (the victim)

2. Physically abusing the applicant.

3. Coming within 200meters of the applicant.

4. Vacate immediately the property located at Butler Village, Waterloo Road, and not return to the said property.

Investigations were spearheaded by Head of the Gender Based Violence Unit, Superintendent (Ag) Claire Guy-Alleyne, and supervised by Inspector Clarke (Ag) and W/Cpl Hospedales.  Charges were laid by WPC Gransom.