FLASHBACK - Police officers in the car park at Jenny’s on The Boulevard Restaurant, Cipriani Boulevard, Port-of-Spain, on Friday. (Image courtesy JENNYDAN-SHARMA)

Three days after restauranteur Jenny Sharma made a public post on social media alleging police harassment at her business place, Jenny’s On The Boulevard in Port-of-Spain, there are now reports that there were gunshots heard in and around those same premises, during the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

A police officer has confirmed that the gunmen opened fire some time between 2 am and 2:30 am.  The police source told Guardian Media they were still in the process of viewing CCTV footage to determine whether the gunmen intentionally targeted Jenny’s.

Meanwhile, when Guardian Media contacted her at 9:30 this morning, Jenny Sharma had yet to arrive at the business place.  However, she did confirm that she had heard of the shooting incident but did not have any further information at that time.

On March 13th, Sharma alleged police harassment when, she claimed that three vans loaded with approximately 8-12 officers walked into her business, at about 10:15 pm.

Sharma said in a social media post that she understood why they were there, so she proceeded to meet them.

She claimed that there was one table left on the terrace, one table in the dining room and a couple was leaving, while staff and security officers were finishing their duties.  She added that only three cars were in her car park, one being her family’s vehicle.

“The bar and entrances were also closed at 10 pm,” she stated.  “The officers also had to wait outside for the gate to be opened.  I was getting a lecture from the Sergeant that customers must leave the compound at least by 10:30 pm.  I then showed her my phone, it was exactly 10:29 pm.  Another woman police officer went straight into the fine dining are towards the last customer table (all doctors) and asked them to leave.”

“The Sgt told me ‘let it be the last time’.  I remained calm and respectful as I also assured her, we were closed by 10 pm, and protocols were followed,” Sharma said.

Sharma added, however, that this incident was not the first.