Eight students from Trinidad and Tobago were the recipients of CSEC/CAPE awards. The Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) held its Award Ceremony for Outstanding Performance in the July/August 2020 examinations via an online simulcast, on June 2nd.
Antigua and Barbuda served as the host country to this year’s award ceremony, which recognized and celebrated the Caribbean’s top sixteen (16) awardees at the CXC 2020 examinations, eight (8) of whom came from Trinidad and Tobago.
Three (3) Trinidad and Tobago students topped the region in the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Examinations and five (5) at the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) with exceptional performances.
T&T’s awardees for CSEC are:
• Shai-an Lee Wen, St. Joseph’s Convent, San Fernando, Most Outstanding in Humanities
• Joe David Wootten, Private Candidate, Most Outstanding in Principles of Accounts(ACCA Award)
• Keziah Sealey – Liverpool, St. Augustine Girls’ High School- Most Outstanding in History (University of Guyana Menzes-Rodney Award)
T&T’s CAPE awardees were:
• Rhianna Ragoonanan , Lakshmi Girls’ Hindu College, Most Outstanding in Humanities (Holder Education Award)
• Anjali Maharaj, Naparima Girls’ High School, Most Outstanding in Business Studies (ACCA Award)
• Xavier Joseph Presentation College, Chaguanas, Most Outstanding in Environmental Science
• Kimberly Seerattan, Lakshmi Girls’ Hindu College, Most Outstanding in Language Studies
• Abdur Rahman- Mohammed; Naparima College (Boys), Most Outstanding in Mathematics (RM Award)