Two of five boys who escaped the custody of the Children’s Authority last month remain missing up to yesterday.
Head of the Child Protection Unit, Supt Claire Guy-Alleyne, renewed the call to the public to assist in finding the boys.
Guy-Alleyne said the teenagers’ safety was at risk as they are unsupervised while hiding from the authority and the police. On March 19, Semion Daniel, 15, Antonio Francois, 16, Stephan Nicholas, 16, Recardo Thompson, 15 and Stephen Antoine, 15, escaped the Child Support Centre. CCTV footage showed that the boys fled the building by passing through burglar-proofed bars. Last week, the court gave the authority permission to release the names and photographs of the five boys to aid in finding them. Last Saturday, the boys were liming with other teens at an abandoned house at Desperlie Crescent, Laventille, when two men dressed in police uniforms walked up to them, pulled out guns and opened fire.
Daniel and Francois died, and the gunmen wounded two other boys, ages 13 and 15.
Police held Antoine sometime later while Nicholas and Thompson escaped the attack and are still on the run.
Investigators believe the boys were caught between warring gangs.
Guy-Alleyne said there were no reports from anyone sighting the missing boys anywhere.
She has asked that anyone with information to contact the nearest police station.