Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley has announced the relaxation of some of the COVID restrictions.
The following are some of the announces he made at a news conference Saturday:
- Gatherings of people in public increased from 5 to 10.
- Funeral attendance increased from 10 to 20.
- Caribbean Airlines flights from Trinidad to Tobago moved from 2 to 6.
- 50 per cent rotation in Public Service. People who do not turn up for work will be deemed absent and will face the consequences.
- Exemptions to Buccoo Reef and Caroni Swamp tours.
- Existing measures for churches, bars, restaurants continue for two weeks until October 24, once there is no significant uptick in situation.
The prime minister said the Government hopes to ease further restrictions by October 24 once the situation improves.