The Trinidad and Tobago Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is advising that its physical offices will be closed to the public, until further notice.
In an advisory issued by the HDC apologising “for any inconvenience caused”, the Corporation explains that the closure takes effect, today, Monday May 10th, 2021.
The HDC notes the following changes to its operations:
● All in-person interviews and appointments have been suspended. New dates will be scheduled once the measures are adjusted, and clients will be contacted accordingly.
● Specific departments will continue to operate virtually, and clients can visit the HDC website at www.hdc.gov.tt to access services and documents.
● Departments which provide emergency services (maintenance and estate management) will continue to operate as the need arises.
● Clients who normally make payments directly to the HDC, can do so via select SurePay outlets and Direct Transfer. More details available at the HDC website at www.hdc.gov.tt and the HDC’s social media platforms.
● For urgent matters and enquiries, clients may contact HDC using the departmental email addresses which are listed on the website at www.hdc.gov.tt/contact-us, and the HDC’s social media platforms.