The Ministry of Health has updated its list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations. The following is a press release from the Ministry of Health:
The Ministry of Health advises that, as at today, 30th July, 2021, the World Health Organization (WHO) has indicated that the vaccine combination of 1st dose AstraZeneza COVID-19 vaccine and 2nd dose Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is approved. Trinidad and Tobago has therefore updated its list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations.
Members of the public are therefore advised of the updated list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations for Trinidad and Tobago:
1. Pfizer-BioNTech – Approved 31st December 2020
2. AstraZeneca – Approved 15th February 2021
3. Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) – Approved 12th March 2021
4. Moderna-NIAID – Approved 30th April 2021
5. Sinopharm BIBP- Approved 7th May 2021
6. Sinovac-CoronaVac – Approved 1st June 2021
7. 1st dose AstraZeneca and 2nd dose Pfizer – BioNTech – Approved 15th June 2021
8. 1st dose AstraZeneca and 2nd dose Moderna-NIAID – Approved 30th July 2021
The public is reminded that a person is considered to be fully vaccinated 2 weeks after receiving the final recommended vaccine dose(s) of a WHO-approved vaccine or vaccine combination as indicated above.