There has been another COVID-19 death, this time it is an elderly male with pre-existing health conditions.
The Ministry of Health confirmed the news in its latest COVID-19 update, for 6 pm today.
This latest death brings the national toll to 34 persons.
The Ministry of Health also reports the following:
- Sixteen (16) additional persons have tested positive. These are results from samples taken during the period August 28th to September 5th, 2020. Therefore, this figure is NOT representative of the positive cases over the last 24 hours only.
- The total number of active COVID-19 cases in T&T now stands at 1,492.
The following is the complete clinical update from the Ministry…
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE # 443
Port-of-Spain, September 6, 2020: As part of the national drive to safeguard the health of the Trinidad and Tobago population in the face of the global COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health continues to provide up-to-date information on the country’s status in this regard.
The population is reminded to source your information only from official sources, such as the Ministry of Health.
As of the afternoon of Sunday 6th September, 2020 the Ministry reports the following:
|Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA), the UWI and other local sites for testing for COVID-19||25,041|
|Number of samples which have tested positive at public and private facilities in Trinidad and Tobago||2,250|
|Total number of active cases||1,492|
|Number of deaths||34|
|Number of persons discharged||724|
The sixteen (16) positive cases reported below show results from samples taken during the period August 28th to September 5th, 2020. Therefore, this figure is NOT representative of the positive cases over the last 24 hours only.
The Ministry of Health provides the following update:
The Ministry of Health regrets to inform the public that there is an additional COVID-19 related death. The person is an elderly male with co-morbidities. This brings the total number of COVID19 related deaths to 34.
- Sixteen (16) additional persons have tested positive. All established protocols have been implemented.
Members of the public are reminded that they must adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations and take the following personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
● Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
● Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
● Stay home if you are ill
● Clean then sanitise surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
● Wash your hands often with soap and waters or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
● Cough into a tissue or into the cook of your elbow
● Avoid touching your face
If you or a loved one develops symptoms of COVID-19, please call the hotline 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) for further guidance.
If the person is severely ill, call the 811 (emergency hotline) or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately.
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago will continue to update the public via its official communication channels such as:
● The Ministry of Health’s website (health.gov.tt);
● The Ministry of Communications websites (moc.gov.tt and news.gov.tt); and
● The relevant social media pages of these entities (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).