Carla Kelshall has been elected the chairman of the Mutual Fund Association of T&T (MFATT).
Kelshall is the Republic Bank Limited designated representative.
Aleema Mohammed, the Bourse Securities Ltd designated representative, has been elected vice chairman.
Krystal Salazar, the Scotia Investment (T&T) Ltd designated representative, has been elected MFSTT treasurer.
MFATT was incorporated under the Companies Act 1995 on the May 5, 2008.
“It is the representative body of mutual fund practitioners, spearheading the development and growth of the mutual fund industry in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean. By fostering high standards of professionalism and exemplary practice among members, the association seeks to set the benchmark for professionals operating in the mutual fund arena, including but not limited to Mutual Fund Providers, Sponsors, Trustees, Distributors, Investment Managers, Advisors, and Administrators,” a release said.
The Annual General Meeting was held last Thursday after which member institutions were elected to the Board of Directors for the new term of office 2021/2022:
• ANSA Merchant Bank Limited
• Bourse Securities Limited
• First Citizens Portfolio and Investment Management Services Limited
• Guardian Group Trust Limited
• JMMB Investments (Trinidad and Tobago) Limited
• RBC Investment Management Limited
• Republic Bank Limited
• Sagicor Life Inc
• Scotia Investments Trinidad and Tobago Limited
• T&T Unit Trust Corporation