The North Oropouche Water Treatment Plant will be offline today for urgent maintenance work to be carried out, which will mean a disruption in the water supply for parts of North-East Trinidad served by the Plant.
An advisory from the Water and Sewerage Authority explains the Plant will be offline between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm today, Tuesday 21st December 2021.
However, WASA says limited truck-borne water service will be available upon request.
Customers are advised that it may take up to twenty (24) hours for the service to normalize to some affected areas, in accordance with established water supply schedules.
Affected areas include:
● Sangre Grande Town ● Vega De Oropouche
● Toco Road, Sangre Grande ● Oropouche Road, Sangre Grande
● Fishing Pond ● Sangre Chiquito
● Manzanilla ● Coalmine
● Guaico/Guaico Tamana ● Cumuto Road
● Malabar Phase 1, 3 &4 ● Tumpuna Road
● San Rafael ● Brazil
● La Horquetta ● Carapo
● O’Meara Road ● Signature Park
● Mausica Road ● Maloney Gardens
● Five Rivers ● Oropune Gardens
● Millennium Park ● Sunrise Park
● Golden Grove Road
For further information or assistance, customers are asked to contact WASA’s Customer Call Centre toll free at 800-4420 and 800-4426.