A vehicle enters Caura Hospital, last Sunday.

Thirty-one-year-old Sasha Supersad, who was discharged from the Caura facility on Thursday night says she still does not know what happened with her two swabs.

She received three different messages from doctors after she was taken from the Mt Hope Hospital to the Caura facility before being released on Thursday night.

She threatened legal action and said she is still pursuing it because of her ordeal.

Supersad, 31, said she was told that she tested negative for COVID-19 at first, then that her swab was “inconclusive” and then back to a negative diagnosis after she sent a legal letter to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr Roshan Parasram demanding the real results of her tests.

“I am out now but that was an unforgettable experience,” she said.

Supersad lives at home with her parents and siblings and even though she is back home, she is isolating away from everyone in the house for the next 14 days.

Supersad said she went into the Arima Hospital because she was just getting over the common cold. She has a history of wheezing and it started acting up again.

“I went in and was put on the nebuliser for a while. I felt better but was told that I had to be swabbed…I said ok,” she said.

She said the next thing she knew was that she was taken to Mt Hope and placed in “isolation.

“It was not isolated at all. It was a single room and the people who were being checked out in the tents, they kept sending them to the room,” she said.

Supersad said that while still at Mt Hope she was told her swab test came back negative.

“They told me they were keeping me for a second swab because it was too early, I complied,” she said.

Two days later, doctors swabbed both nostrils and told her to expect her results in 72 hours.

“Mind you, other patients with symptoms and having symptoms in a shorter period were allowed to leave,” she said.

Supersad was surprised that with no consultation, she was being moved to the Caura facility.

“I have no travel history, no contact with anyone who had travel history and no contact with any member of the public at all,” she said.

“For three weeks the only people I interacted with was my immediate family,” she said.

Supersad said she listened to the media conference hosted by the Minister of Health yesterday about her case.

“I believe that he got the correct information now or he was not properly informed before. I think they are trying to make themselves look good and that they have everything under control,” she said.

“But that is not the case,” she said.

Supersad said she is contact with eight other patients at Caura, several of whom are in the same position with late swab results.

“I am still planning action on how the patients were handled and the lack of cleanliness at the Caura facility. People were having mental breakdowns because they were healthy and wanted to get back home,” she said.