The Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC) is advising that with effect from tomorrow, Monday 17 August 2020, it will be operating at fifty percent (50%) passenger capacity, in accordance with the latest COVID-19 restrictions issued by Government.
According to a release issued by the Corporation today, the reduced carrying capacity will be in effect for the next 28 days.
PTSC is urging all its passengers to follow all the health and safety protocols that have been put in place, to protect them and PTSC staff.
Following is the full text of the statement issued by PTSC, today…
PTSC TO OPERATE AT 50 % PASSENGER CAPACITY (UPDATE 7)
The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has announced COVID-19 restrictions on public transportation and other sectors, given the current rate of infection.
In light of the above, the PTSC wishes to inform its valued commuters that effective Monday 17th August 2020, and for the next twenty-eight (28) days, we will be operating at 50 % passenger capacity until further notice.
The PTSC will continue to adhere to the following preventative measures in accordance with the Ministry of Health guidelines:
1. Passengers are being seated at least two (2) rows behind drivers. These rows have been cordoned off to prevent access to passengers;
2. Tickets are being torn by passengers in clear view of drivers and disposed of in the bin provided;
3. All buses are being fully sanitized before and after each trip. This involves cleaning of high touch areas such as stop buttons, hand rails and grab straps. This is in addition to normal cleaning arrangements;
4. Adequate hand sanitizer dispensers are being made available to all commuters boarding our buses at Terminals;
5. All Commuters are being asked to maintain the prescribed social distance of six (6) feet apart when on the premises and as they line up to board the bus;
6. The wearing of masks is mandatory on board all buses. All commuters are required to wear a mask or other cloth material that covers his or her nose and mouth and
7. Commuters who display flu-like symptoms are being discouraged from utilizing the service.
We urge all commuters to adhere to these safety protocols when utilizing our services. The PTSC will continue to keep the public apprised of any new developments as it relates to COVID-19 restrictions and any new preventative measures to be adopted. We remain committed to providing a safe, reliable and cost- effective bus transportation service across communities.