The Ministry of Works and Transport is advising of scheduled Road Rehabilitation and Drainage Works along Lady Hailes Avenue in San Fernando over the next fortnight.
According to an advisory from the Ministry, there will be a temporary traffic disruption as a result, while the work takes place from Wednesday 14th October 2020, to Wednesday 28th October 2020. The hours of work will be from 8am to 4 pm.
The disruption will be along Lady Hailes Avenue, from Queen Street (King’s Wharf) to the Link Road (Opposite Roodal Cemetery), San Fernando.
The Ministry advises that the driveway entrance of the San Fernando General Hospital (SFGH) along Lady Hailes Avenue will be closed to facilitate drainage works across the entrance. As such, drivers wishing to access the hospital using this entrance will need to use the temporary diversion located through the carpark of the San Fernando City Corporation (SFCC).
In addition, road users are urged to follow the signs and directives from the onsite Traffic Wardens or Police Officer, so as not to impede the flow of traffic. Priority will only be given to emergency vehicles wishing to use the entrance.
In light of the above, motorists also are advised to comply with the following:
● Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
● Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone
● Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
● Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site
● Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces