The University of the West Indies (The UWI) will be hosting another virtual Vice-Chancellor’s Forum on COVID-19, today.
It will be available via The UWI’s UWItv platform, from 2:00-5:00 P.M. Atlantic Standard Time (AST), and can be accessed by all Caribbean countries.
Ambassador Dr. Richard Bernal, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Professor of Practice, Global Affairs of The UWI will chair the discussion which will be followed by a Q&A session, allowing Caribbean citizens the opportunity to engage the panel.
Today’s forum is themed, Caribbean Unity or Plurality—the regional response to COVID-19, and features regional experts discussing the implementation and impact of various national policies across the region in dealing with the COVID-19 virus pandemic.
- Ambassador Irwin LaRocque, Secretary General, CARICOM Secretariat;
- Dr. W. Warren Smith, President, Caribbean Development Bank;
- Dr. Joy St. John, Executive Director, Caribbean Public Health Agency;
- Professor Clive Landis, Chair, The UWI COVID-19 Taskforce and Pro Vice-Chancellor, Undergraduate Studies, The UWI; and
- Ambassador Dr. June Soomer, Director General, Association of Caribbean States.
Today’s forum is the third in a series of conversations hosted by The UWI as part of its regional response to the threat of the virus the Caribbean. This public information effort, coupled with the implementation of a UWI COVID-19 Regional Task Force seeks to leverage University experts and other partner agencies to provide informed analysis, perspective and context to this situation.