The number of COVID-19 cases in Tobago continues to climb.
It is now 25 as there are three additional cases as of today ( August 19).
According to a news release from the Division of Health, Wellness, and Family Development, three additional persons tested positive for the virus bringing the total number of cases to 25.
The release noted that 18 of the cases are positive.
Here is the full release.
The Division hereby notifies the public that three (3) additional cases tested positive for COVID-19 in Tobago. All are contacts of recently positive COVID-19 cases. All established protocols have since been implemented, inclusive of contact tracing, which is ongoing.
Consequently, there are currently eighteen (18) active COVID-19 cases being treated in Tobago. The total positive cases of COVID-19 recorded in Tobago now stand at twenty five (25).
The public is reminded that COVID-19 is not over, so ensure to practice all preventative measures, which include:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
· Cover your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow, or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
· Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
· Stay at home when you are sick and call the hotline at 800-HEAL (4325).
· Practice physical distancing (6 feet away from persons).
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (door handles, cell phones etc.)
If persons have flu-like symptoms, stay at home and call the COVID-19 Hotline, toll free at 800 HEAL (4325)
Reporter: Camille Mceachnie