Starting tomorrow, Saturday March 21, anyone in Tobago suffering from flu-like symptoms can call 211 for help.
The hotline, set up by the Tobago COVID-19 Multidivisional Task Force, puts callers in touch with doctors attached to the Tobago Regional Health Authority (TRHA) and County Medical Officer for Health.
According to a TRHA release, the hotline is manned seven days per week, all day.
The release said accessing the line is simple:
- Call the line.
- The doctors will interview you.
- They will determine if you should head to the nearest health centre or the Scarborough hospital.
- The authority will then put protocols in place to either or monitor or treat the patient.
The release reminded persons to do the following:
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a flexed elbow, if tissue is used, disposed of it in the bin and hands washed.
- Avoid people who display flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home is sick and if you need to go out practice social distancing.
- Clean and sanitize all surfaces.