The Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (T&TEC) has made adjustments to its operations at its Service Centres, in a bid to comply with the new COVID-19 regulations and keep its staff and customers safe from coronavirus infection.
In an advisory issued today, T&TEC notes that it is essential service provider and as such, has instituted several measures to reduce customer in-person contact for its services, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
T&TEC reminds its customers that physical distancing and mask protocols apply at all Customer Service Centres, and advises that the following operational adjustments are effective immediately:
● Customers are strongly encouraged to utilise T&TEC’s website (www.ttec.co.tt) to pay bills and initiate service requests. For customers who are unable to conduct business online, Customer Service Centres will remain open for bill payment and reconnection services only. Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. A drop-box facility at all Service Centres also is in place to facilitate all other transactions.
● Customers also can make bill payments online via the Quick Pay feature on the T&TEC website. Payments are immediately credited to the customer’s T&TEC account and will be reflected on their bill balance.
● New requests—such as new connections, temporary disconnections, account transfers, relocation of poles, meter checks and updating contact information—also can be made online using T&TEC’s “Request a Service” Form.
● Customers requesting Utilisation Services can do so via WhatsApp or email, as follows:
– North: [email protected] 278-3904
– Central: [email protected] 280-3558
– South: [email protected] 2784091
– East: [email protected] 278-4706
– Tobago: [email protected] 2784015
● Customers who require bill balances or a copy of a bill are reminded to sign-up for e-billing or utilise T&TEC’s automated service at 625-8832.