Three suspects were arrested yesterday for possession of guns, ammunition and narcotics in Marabella.
According to police reports, several search warrants were executed, and the following items were discovered and seized:
- AK 47 assault rifle with a magazine.
- AR15 assault rifle with two magazines.
- Glock 22 fitted with three magazines, an assortment of ammunition.
- 27 packets of marijuana with a combined weight of 12.86 kilogrammes an estimated street value of TT$160,000.
- 80 packets of cocaine with a combined weight of
- 1.68 kilogrammes with an estimated street value of TT$660,000
Officers arrested three suspects – two women ages 28 and 57, and a man, 30, all of, Gopaul Street, Marabella, were taken to the Marabella Police Station for processing.
The exercise was coordinated by Snr. Supt. Wayne Mohammed and Insp. Teeluck, Insp. Pacheco and supervised by Sgt. Ifill and Sgt. Santana, was conducted by officers of the Marabella Police Station, Marabella Criminal Investigations Department, Canine Unit and Southern Division Task Force.
Investigations are continuing.