Although T&T remains under an adverse weather alert—this has not been enough to deter hundreds of persons who turned out to receive the Pfizer vaccine, this morning.
The vaccination of persons between the ages of 12 to 18 years got underway from 8 am today.
Eligible members of the public turned out from as early as 6:30 am at some of the 14 locations, sheltering under umbrellas, envelopes and hooded jackets as they stood in the rain waiting to receive the vaccine.
At some other locations, there were long lines of vehicles with parents and students seated, waiting to be screened.
Although today’s vaccine roll-out did not require an appointment, all eligible persons had to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The administration of the Pfizer vaccine begins today and will continue throughout the weekend, from 8 am to 3 pm daily.
Parents/guardians of citizens and/or residents between the ages of 12-18 are advised that their charges are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine regardless of whether they are registered at schools or not.
Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian; parents/guardians must walk with a form of identification as well as the birth certificate of the child/ward and proof of relationship to child (guardians only).
The walk-in vaccination sites include:
1. Heliport, Chaguaramas
2. COSTAATT City Campus, POS
3. National Academy for the Performing Arts ( NAPA)
4. COSTAATT Campus, El Dorado
5. Wallerfield International Raceway, Wallerfield, Arima
6. Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima
7. Duranta Gardens Community Centre, Sangre Grande
8. L’anse Noire Community Centre, Toco
9. Divali Nagar, Uriah Butler Hwy, Endeavour (Starting Sunday 22nd August, 2021 from 11:00am – 6:00pm)
10. Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva
11. Pleasantville Technology Centre (MIC), San Fernando
12. Hansraj Sumairsingh Multipurpose Complex, Rio Claro
13. Mayaro Civic Centre
14. National Energy Skills Centre (NESC), La Brea