National Security Minister, Stuart Young, says he is awaiting the facts surrounding the police’s search of Express House on Wednesday.
In an official statement, Minister Young said he had not been provided with any information on the incident, nor was he briefed about the exercise.
However, the minister stated that breaches of the protection of freedom of press will not be condoned.
Yesterday, police swooped down on Express House and conducted a search—allegedly in connection with a news story published last week, about the questionable financial transactions of a senior police official.
The claims made in the article also have led to an investigation being launched by the Police Complaints Authority.
Story by JESSE RAMDEO